Complete the Chicago Bookstore Day Puzzle ✓
I discovered Chicago Bookstore Day thanks to Chicago Magazine's twitter the day before it all started. If you all couldn't already tell, I love books. Reading is my favorite hobby, I only read actual paper copy books, and I am a huge supporter of independent bookstores. So, of course I had to go to at least one of the bookstores on Chicago Bookstore Day. Lucky for me, Powell's Bookstore is located in University Village (UIC), and we were taking the CTA Blue Line to the Taste of Chicago. So, Caleb and I went a few stops further than needed and stopped off at Powell's. While we were browsing, we found out that the Taste of Chicago was closed for the whole day.
The following weekend Caleb and I hit up Open Books and Sandmeyer Bookstore on Saturday and Seminary Co-Op and 57th St. Books on Sunday. We saved The Book Cellar for last so that we could celebrate this fun little journey with a glass of wine! Our date night this past Friday was just that and it was one for the books!
Chicago Independent Bookstore Participants
1. Powell's Bookstore - 1218 S Halsted St (University Village)
2. City Lit Books - 2523 N Kedzie Blvd (Logan Square)
3. Unabridged Bookstore - 3251 N Broadway St. (Lakeview)
4. Women and Children First - 5233 N Clark St (Andersonville)
5. Open Books - 213 W Institute Pl (River North)
6. Sandmeyer's Bookstore - 714 S Dearborn St (Printer's Row)
7. Seminary Co-Op - 5751 S Woodlawn Ave (Hyde Park)
8. 57th St. Books - 1301 E 57th St (Hyde Park)
9. The Book Cellar - 4736 N Lincoln Ave (Lincoln Square)