1. I didn't work out 5 days a week for the first 2 weeks. I didn't make time like I should of over the weekends, which I'm disappointed in myself for.
1. I didn't eat any of my off limits foods. Of course I craved them, but I never caved.
2. I worked out 5 days in the 3rd week of the cleanse! Woohoo!
3. I walked at least 5 out of 7 days during a week and when I didn't walk is was because it was raining.
4. My clothes fit better!
5. I feel happier and better about myself :)
Now all of you might be asking, what's next? Are you just going to go back to eating doughnuts, candy, bacon, and drinking pop and not work out at all? Absolutely not. I want to continue on this healthy journey with new challenges! Now that I've proven to myself that I can handle life without these 4 things that are horrible for me, I can obviously handle them in moderation. So, I am switching my plan up now for the next 3 weeks to incorporate other healthy habits in to my life. The next step in my plan for ReCreating Healthy Habits is...
1. I need to drink more water. It's an absolute must. Since I am starting to run a lot more, I'm getting dehydrated quite often these days. It's also no secret that I still have acne, and water does wonders for your complexion. Water is just all around the best thing for you. So for the next 3 weeks I am going to drink 8 cups of water, every single day. That is 2 of my camel backs or 4 of my sippy thermos.
2. I always say I'm going to have fruit every morning for a snack and then for some reason or another I don't. Whether it be a piece of fruit or a smoothie, I am going to have some sort of fruit in my meal plan every single day for the next 3 weeks.
3. Eat more vegetables every day goes hand in hand with number 2, but I want to have at least 2 servings of veggies every day. 1 with lunch and 1 with dinner. Not only do you get the proper nutrients you need from vegetables, but when you eat them raw or steam them they are still filled with water, which in turn will make you fuller faster. No need to stuff myself at every meal, if I eat slow and have a good portion of good foods, it will keep me more full throughout the day.
4. I need to get more sleep. A lot of the reason why I slack on working out is because I'm too tired. I'm going to call myself an "old person" and require myself to be in bed by 10pm on weekdays when I have work and 11pm on the weekends or days off of work. Who knows, maybe if I keep this goal up I'll actually turn in to a morning person!
As for my fitness plan, I swapped out biking for yoga. I just can't seem to make it to my yoga class anymore and with the weather being nicer, I want to be outside! Caleb and I bought new bikes last week, and we took them out for a spin on Saturday, which we're planning to do a lot more often throughout the week. So for now, bye bye yoga and hello sunshine! I'm also going to drop my workouts down from 5 times a week to 4 times a week. I found it to be a little unrealistic to expect myself to workout Saturday and Sunday. My weekends tend to be busier than my weeks, and it would stress me out that I didn't have time to work out both days. So I am shooting for 3 days during the week and 1 day on the weekend! Plus walking at least 6 out of the 7 days as the weather permits.
Feel free to follow along on this next leg of the journey to ReCreating Healthy Habits! Make sure you head on over to Tulips and Rain to see how Angela finished out her 3 week cleanse!
Happy Tuesday, everyone!