1 lbs boneless chicken, sliced in to medium pieces
1/2 cup corn starch
2 Tbsp flour
Salt/pepper (for taste)
1 Tbsp canola/vegetable oil
2 Tbsp minced ginger
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
Zest of 1 orange
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 cup vegetable/chicken stock
1 cup white rice
1. Cook rice.
2 Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl (corn starch and flour) and then beat in the egg.
3. Add the chicken to the bowl and coat thoroughly.
4. Fry the coated chicken in a wok with oil.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the wok and clean your wok.
6. Heat oil, and sautee ginger, garlic, and crushed red peppers.
7. Add rice wine vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and stock to the wok and let simmer.
8. In a separate bowl, mix 1 to 2 Tbsp of corn starch with water to make a paste.
9. Add to the sauce mixture in the wok while stirring until mixture is thick like honey.
10. Add orange zest and chicken in to the wok and let cook until nice and hot.
11. Serve with white rice.